Monday, February 9, 2009

Sprinkles?

The snowflakes are not snowflakes. They are white, and appear to be made of half-frozen water, but they are perfectly round. And all identical. All the way to work this morning I was staring at the ground, at the snow piling in tiny peaks on the tips of my boots, trying to figure out what it was I was walking on. It was dry and almost squeaky, like styrofoam packing peanuts. It rolled and crunched under my feet and I realized the little beads were slightly smaller versions of those round sprinkles that come on doughnuts or Christmas cookies.

Wouldn't it be fun if they snow came down multicoloured like those sprinkles, although it would probably raise a few serious questions about the environment and climate change.

I hope that is what I dream about tonight. Rainbow-coloured sprinkle-snow that doesn't melt, but is perfectly healthy and is used as a flavouring for foods, like powdered sugar or maple syrup.

mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Penny for Your Thoughts