Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Terrace

A little about me perhaps...I live in the occasionally beautiful town of Terrace, British Columbia. I used to live in Victoria, where I graduated from high school, got my first real job and met and married my husband. My family lives in Victoria and they often rant about how I should move back and that I better not have any kids while I live in that shithole up North. (Their words not mine)

So why move to Terrace you ask? Well, it was quite a spur of the moment decision to be honest. My husband Dave has some family here and we came up to visit last Thanksgiving. Surprised by the affordable housing prices in the town (especially compared to the then-soaring housing market in Vic), we decided to put in an offer on an especially cute one that was situated across the street from a school and park. (Little did we know at the time that it was also 4 houses away from the secion of town commonly known as 'harlem'.

Such is life.

So in the space of one weekend, and with the help of Dave's lovely grandparents, we had put in the offer, found David a job as a carpentry apprentice, arranged an inspection, and found house-sitters who could take care of things until we could move.

So now we live in Terrace.

1 comment:

  1. Just for the record, I never referred to Terrace as a shit hole, that would be your sister that said that. :)

    ReplyDelete

A Penny for Your Thoughts