Sunday, January 31, 2010

THERAPY

Until this morning, I had been baby-deficient. While I experience no shortage of toddlers, as many of our friends now have little ones, for one reason or another I have not had the opportunity to hold a newborn in YEARS. I don't know why this is. The friends we made in Terrace either don't have kids, or have kids that are walking and talking and mostly out of diapers. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE toddlers. They are so much fun and I always feel so lucky when it turns out they remember my name or want me to colour with them.

But holding a baby is a different. A friend of mine gave birth to a 5.1 pound baby boy last week. He is adorable. I don't think I have ever seen a baby quite so small - his fingernails were only about two millimetres across, like the tiniest little bit-size nubbins you've ever seen. He was either staring around with his brand new eyes, stretching, yawning, or sneezing the entire time. It was the head-exploding kind of cute that you don't recover from immediately.

Now, I'd just like to point out at this juncture to any family or personal friends that happen to be reading this: DAVE AND I ARE NOT HAVING BABIES YET NOR ARE WE PLANNING TO START HAVING BABIES IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I just need to throw that out so as not to mislead. Sorry peeps!

That being said, holding someone else's baby for a while is the best kind of therapy. And it's FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Penny for Your Thoughts